How to install?
1. Go to monday App Marketplace
2. Search for 'Wrokflow' app
3. Click 'Use App'
How to configure?
You first need to add the app to a board:
Click on ‘add view’ on the top of the board
Click on ‘Apps’
Select the ‘Workflow’ app
The Workflow App is configured in 4 main steps: Design, Configure Lock and Getting Started.
Design the workflow steps for a chosen status column:
1. On the ‘Workflow configuration’ tab, click on the ‘settings’ icon and select one of the status columns.
2. Go back to the main board (‘Main Table’ tab) and edit the labels of the status column
Edit the status columns labels, it is important to edit the Gray label. The grey label is the default value, it is recommended to set it up as the first step in the workflow.
4. Go back to the ‘Workflow configuration’ tab
5. In the Design tab, Start designing your workflow in the ‘drag & drop’ section under the Design tab. Connect each status to the next one by using one of the line types.
Note: There are several types of designs of the connector line, to change it, just click the connector line.
Define columns will be required for each status change and set its permission
1. In the configuration tab, the board owner can define which columns will be required for each status change. After selecting the columns, the users should "Save" the configuration.
i.e. to change the status from New Project to Planning the users will have to fill the following columns: Name, Program, Start Date, PM and Email.
2. In the configuration tab, the board owner can assign permission for every status change, There are 3 options:
All Users - Every user who has access to the board can change status.
Based on Person Column (Column Based Permission) - only a user selected in a specific People column can change the status.
Custom Permissions (Personal Permission) - Only chosen people can change the status.
i.e while all users can change the status from New Project to Planning, only selected users in "PM" column can change the status from Planning to Execution and only "Guy Gavish" and "Natalie James" can change the status from Execution to Quality Control.
Before launching the app to end board users, the board owner should restrict the status column for editing.
This would enforce the users to change the status and to fill in the required columns via the Workflow App.
That way, they cannot bypass the Workflow you defined using the app.
4. Getting Started
Last thing, before launching the app for the end board users, the board owner should enter the item view and add the Workflow App item view, also set the app as default view (Recommended)
How to use?
To use the workflow created, end users should go the the main board view, then click on bubble next to the relevant item name (update section), then click on workflow tab.
Once in the workflow user interface, the user should click on the relevant next status in the workflow and fill in the required information.
Once done, changes will be reflected in the main board.